B-Side Dreams leans toward indie pop and post punk. Top 5 selections based on how often I returned to them. Like what you see? Tune in Saturday mornings at 9am!
TOP 5 OF 2019
- Stella Donnelly - Beware of the Dogs > Solid album, voice, and performer. Relevent themes.
- Cate Le Bon - Reward > Effortlessly cool, with dissonance.
- Carla dal Forno - Look Up Sharp > Moody/ambient, limited vocals. Mesmerizing, good focusing music.
- Lunch Lady - Angel > Classic post punk, updated.
- Mini Dresses - Heaven Sent > Jangly pop. Good follow up to their amazing 2017 album.
- Chris Stroffolino - Audition 4 a Practice People Place > Modern Day Electric Company.
- Natalie Rose Le Brecht - Mandarava Rose > Perfect for a quiet sunset drive after a long day.
- The Ocean in Films - Cruel Vestige > Check out my episode with these locals, FKA Evening Empire.
- Jeanines - Jeanines > Slumberland pop sweetness
- Trash Kit - Horizon > I support all of Rachel Aggs projects, and I root for this underdog.
- Jenny Hoyston - Hold On, Loosely > A late year release, new work by the Erase Errata singer, sounding great.
- The Stroppies - Whoosh > Australian jangle pop, influenced by classic Flying Nun.
- Black Belt Eagle Scout - At the Party with My Brown Friends
- Penelope Isles - Until the Tide Creeps In