BFF.fm has created a disaster relief fund for Bay Area based musicians now facing a loss of income due to COVID-19. We hope that we will be able to support the small independent artists and bands that make our music scene so vibrant and that we may play a part in ensuring we all weather this storm together.
Currently, we are offering two types of grants: an Emergency Relief Grant and a Community Impact Grant
Emergency Relief Grant
BFF.fm's Emergency Relief Grant is to help the musicians in our community get the things they need during shelter-in-place, including food/groceries, transportation, healthcare/medication, and/or childcare.
- This grant is for individuals who play in bands in the BFF.fm community who demonstrate an immediate need for relief funding
- Grant amounts as well as the number of grants will depend on how much money is available in the fund
- Previous grantees may request a new grant if they continue to need assistance, no more than once per month
- This grant is administered by the board of directors of BFF.fm, a 501(c)3 community radio station and arts organization. The board will review applications on a rolling basis, and final decisions will be made and grants disbursed weekly on Fridays, via Venmo or PayPal, as funding allows.
Emergency Relief Grant Eligibility Requirements:
- The individual must reside in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma counties and play in a Bay Area-based band, or as a solo
- Has had past involvement with BFF.fm, including:
- in-studio performance or interview on BFF.fm
- has had their music featured/played on BFF.fm or our blog
- has played a BFF.fm curated show including:
- Besties Bash
- LOUD & Local Night at Pops Bar
- BFF.fm Birthday Bash
- BFF.fm curated events at Off the Grid and Noise Pop festival
- BFF.fm staff, contractors, volunteers, or board members and their families are not eligible to receive grants
Emergency Relief grants for the week of 5/22 - 5/29 have been disbursed. Next disbursement: 6/5
Community Impact Grant
Additionally, we will allocate some grant money to Bay Area bands, regardless of financial status and involvement with BFF.fm. This one-time grant will be administered via community feedback.
- Nominations will be accepted until June 1, 2020
- Grant amount as well as the number of grants will depend on how much money is available in the fund
Community Grant Eligibility Requirements:
- Solo artists and bands must reside in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma counties
- Bands must be nominated by a community member or fill out the nomination form.
- BFF.fm staff, contractors, volunteers, or board members and their families are not eligible to receive grants.