BFF.fm has created a disaster relief fund for Bay Area based musicians now facing a loss of income due to COVID-19. We hope that we will be able to support the small independent artists and bands that make our music scene so vibrant and that we may play a part in ensuring we all weather this storm together.
Emergency Relief Grant
BFF.fm's Emergency Relief Grant is to help the musicians in our community get the things they need during shelter-in-place, including food/groceries, transportation, healthcare/medication, and/or childcare. So far we have given out more than $1000 in small grants, all received by those in need within days.
- This grant is for individuals who play in bands in the BFF.fm community who demonstrate an immediate need for relief funding
- Grant amounts as well as the number of grants will depend on how much money is available in the fund
- Previous grantees may request a new grant if they continue to need assistance, no more than once per month
- This grant is administered by the board of directors of BFF.fm, a 501(c)3 community radio station and arts organization. The board will review applications on a rolling basis, and final decisions will be made and grants disbursed weekly on Fridays, via Venmo or PayPal, as funding allows.
Emergency Relief Grant Eligibility Requirements:
- The individual must reside in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma counties and play in a Bay Area-based band, or as a solo
- Has had past involvement with BFF.fm, including:
- in-studio performance or interview on BFF.fm
- has had their music featured/played on BFF.fm or our blog
- has played a BFF.fm curated show including:
- Besties Bash
- LOUD & Local Night at Pops Bar
- BFF.fm Birthday Bash
- BFF.fm curated events at Off the Grid and Noise Pop festival
- BFF.fm staff, contractors, volunteers, or board members and their families are not eligible to receive grants
Next disbursement: 6/12